Saturday, September 24, 2011

coffee filter wreath

Ive seen this idea on many blogs and just found it so adorable! It didn't look like it would take a lot of time or work and that is great for someone as impatient as me. One of my closest friends made one with brown coffee filters and it turned out so cute so I thought I would attempt it in white.
I gathered up coffee filters (100 pack of white for only 65 cents) I didn't have a wreath on hand nor did my dollar store so I cut up a pool noodle we had in storage, worked perfectly, yay!I cut the noodle in half, and then again in half lengthwise. Hot glued and tied the ends together (just to be sure they were very secure)



Then I started scrunching up coffee filters and just hot glued them on one by one, It took about 75 of them to fill up the wreath with no gaps. I left the back plain so it would lay flat against the wall. Look at that, so pretty above my thrift store shelf!


I also think you could wrap the the "wreath" in brown packing tape to assure no blue foam peeks through. You could also use cupcake liners for different holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment