Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thrift store makeover


This is by far my favorite redo. I found this beauty in the goodwill store for only 8 dollars! I instantly pictured it sanded, painted and put in the entry to the kitchen which was just so bare. I just had to have this!!

I took a photo, texted it to my husband to make sure he agreed with my vision and had the workers help me shove this is my car and away I went!
I just could not wait to get home and get started but sadly, I had no more spray paint so off to the store I went to stock up. 5 cans later I was ready to get started. I dusted it off , lightly sanded it and went to work. I used a cheap black paint as my primer and one can did the entire shelf. I then went to work on my pumpkin painting while I waited for that to dry. Once dry I went over it again with a high Gloss black Krylon and oh was it looking gorgeous already! 2 coats of krylon (only one can!) and it was what I had dreamed of =) That waiting for it to dry was such a downer though. It said 30 minutes but I waited two whole hours before I risked touching it and bringing it in my house. This is the after with nothing on it yet. And this is after all is said and done. How gorgeous is this!!!????
All in all, I think I spent about 13 dollars for this beauty ($8.00 for shelf, 1 can cheap paint $1.oo, $3.00 for krylon and tax)

2 comments:

  1. That turned out great..looks really good in black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Im really happy how beautiful it turned out!

    ReplyDelete